Spices have always been an indispensable part of the Asian, and especially the Indian diet. They are the ones who add the distinct flavor and aroma to the Indian recipes. Little do we realize but these spices are not just appealing to the taste buds but also extremely tough against the gravest of disorders and diseases, one of them being cancer. Owing to their medicinal properties, spices such as turmeric, clove, and pepper are also used in Ayurveda an ingredient in medicines to cure ailments. The antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and immunomodulatory effects of spices have been confirmed in many studies.
Spices, therefore, could be used to prevent and treat cancers, because oxidative stress, inflammatory stress, and immune response have been associated with the genesis, growth, and metastasis of cancers. If you are looking for a cancer specialist in Pune, ‘Onco Life Cancer Cantre’ is a leading cancer hospital in Satara. ‘Onco Life Cancer Cantre’ brings you a brief explaining the benefits of including these spices in your daily food.
- Garlic: Indian foods have always included garlic in the best possible way to add flavor and health benefits. The sulfur content in garlic, which gives it the typical pungent odor and taste, works wonder against cancer. Garlic compounds help with DNA repair, slow the growth of cancer cells, fight them and decrease inflammation. Reports found that eating garlic frequently lowers the risk of colorectal cancers.
- Turmeric: Curcumin, a substance found in turmeric, has long been used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat a variety of ailments. Research also suggests that curcumin may help prevent or treat cancer. Curcumin is known to have antioxidant properties, which means it decreases swelling and inflammation. Curcumin slows the spread of cells in especially breast cancer, which makes chemotherapy more effective and protects healthy cells from damage by radiation therapy. If you are looking for breast cancer treatment in Pune, visit Onco Life Cancer centre in Satara today.
- Ginger: Ginger is an anti-oxidant which makes it a natural cancer fighter. It is believed to be several thousand times more powerful than chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer. The active compounds 6-Gingerol and 6-Shogaol exhibit anti-cancer properties against the gastrointestinal tract and help in killing down cancer cells.
- Black Pepper: Piperine in black pepper has been shown to improve health due to its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and disease-fighting qualities. Combining pepper with turmeric increases its potential health benefits by enhancing absorption and expediting the healing process. Piperine also helps desensitize a specific pain receptor in your body and reduce feelings of discomfort.
- Cinnamon: Apart from being recognized for its ability to reduce blood sugar and ease inflammation, studies also suggest cinnamon to block the spread of cancer cells. It inhibits the growth of cancer cells and expedites their death. According to a study, cinnamon contains the essential oil that suppresses the growth of head and neck cancer cells, and also significantly reduced tumor size.
- Oregano: This aromatic herb used commonly as a seasoning in pizzas contains carvacrol, an ingredient that is proven to be beneficial against prostate cancers. The oregano oil has the ability to selectively target cancer cells while leaving the healthy cells intact.
Onco Life Cancer Centre, Satara is a boon to those who are looking for a cancer hospital in Pune, Mumbai, Kolhapur and the rest of the regions. Visit the Onco Life Cancer Centre and consult with our doctors.