- Mr. XYZ 60 Years Gentleman presented to Oncolife Cancer Centre on 5/9/2019 with C/O – Difficulty in Swallowing for Both solid & liquid since 1 month
- Change in Voice since 1 month
- He was chronic Smoker and Alocoholic for past 10 years.
- No Comorbidity, No F/H/O Cancer
- Oropharyngeal Growth Biopsy(12/9/2020)- S/O Moderately differntiated Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Chest X- Ray Was done to R/O Lung metastasis- Normal
- MRI head & Neck(3/9/2020)- 3.4x3.1x2.4 cm Lesion seen in oropharynx involving Base of Tongue and causing near complete occlusion of lumen & No evidence of Lymphadenopathy
- O/E- Proliferative growth involving Rt side Base of Tongue from Circum valate Papilla, Lesion was crossing the midline and Inferior extent could not be reached.
- Impression- Carcinoma oropharynx cT2 cN0 M0 Group Stage I
Plan Of Treatment
- He was Planned to Treat with Definitive Chemoradiotherapy to Dose of 70Gy/35#/7weeks using IMRT with concurrent weekly Cisplatin @ 40mg/m2
- Relative went for opinion to Pune but was not satisfied with Hospital & Docto
- Finally decided to take treatment at Onlife Cancer Hospital, Shendre under supervision of Dr Dinesh Pawar
- Tolerated Treatment well with Max Grade II dysphagia and Skin toxicity grade II.
- Completed Treatment on 17/11/2019
- 3 months after Completion of treatment – No Difficulty in swallowing
- Response CT scan shows complete opening of Lumen and No disease
- UGI scopy(19/1/2021)- Ulcer present without proliferative Growth
- Biopsy ulcer (19/1/2021)- No Evidence of malignancy.