Cancer is one ailment that can change your life as you know it! It can make an immense impact on your physical as well as mental well-being irrespective of what your age or stage in life is. We at ONCO Life Cancer Center understand this better than anyone as we are experts in this arena. Over the years we have made a name for ourselves by providing the best cancer treatment near Pune in areas like Satara and the likes.
We are well acquainted with the fact that living with cancer can prove to be quite taxing. Your day-to-day schedule undergoes a 360-degree shift physically, mentally and emotionally. When an individual is diagnosed with cancer there are a myriad of thoughts that run through their mind due to which even the physical being of that person gets adversely affected.
After diagnosis comes the treatment part, which without a doubt is the most difficult procedure a cancer patient goes through. The intensity of the treatment causes clouded thinking, weakness, nausea or fatigue. However, this is not the worse; whilst battling with physical impacts they are also faced with mental disorders like stress, fear and anxiety.
The mental symptoms tend to seem petty and fairly unimportant at first but as time passes they will pile up and start creating mental complications that are very hard to cope with. If not paid attention to at the right time these symptoms might result into a case of clinical depression. As a cancer specialist near Pune we at ONCO Life Hospital believe that it is our responsibility to provide certain tips on how to identify if your near or dear one is on the verge of post-cancer depression, so read on and get attentive if you find any of the below-listed symptoms:
- Losing interest in things that they once enjoyed doing.
- Irregular sleep patterns, oversleeping or insomnia.
- Feeling hopeless, empty and sad.
- Nausea, stomach ache or digestive issues.
- Changes in moods, which might include agitation or restlessness.
- Feeling fatigued, exhausted or tired most of the times
- When the thinking process, speaking or movement starts getting slower than usual.
- Having trouble in thinking or concentrating.
Now that you know how to identify depression symptoms, you also need to know how to help them handle it, make sure to do the following things:
- Encourage them to accept their feelings and also convince them that whatever they are feeling is in no way wrong.
- Get them medical help at the earliest; if they hesitate to seek the help from a professional ask them to talk to the people who they trust the most. This will help them in processing, accepting and validating their feelings.
- Motivate them to focus on their physical well-being as individuals suffering from depression tend to vent the negativity out on their physical self and end up getting in a negative health pattern.
Now that you have understood the overall effect that cancer has on the patient and their psyche we are sure that you will help them win the battle with depression. Furthermore, if you are looking for a cancer hospital in Pune you can come to us without a second thought to get more information regarding this matter as Onco Life Hospital, Satara has the expertise, knowledge and technical know-how to guide you through the entire process in an effective and efficient manner.