Cancer treatment is multidisciplinary. The department of Oncology is composed of a team of MCI- certified and Board Certified Medical Oncologist Radiation Oncologist, Pathologists, Medical physicists, licensed Radiation therapists, Registered Nurses, Medical social workers,Dietician and Specially trained support personnel who have many years of experience in treating and caring for patients undergoing cancer therapy.
Our linear accelerators and the computer controlled image guidance systems are fully integrated for a seamless radiation therapy process. The linear accelerators operate in multiple modes, delivering both photon and electron radiation at different energy levels, so the radiation oncologists can choose the most appropriate energy and depth of treatment for each individual case.
Our Cancer centre uses the latest technology machine of Elekta Synergy with Agility
The Modalities available are:
- 3-D Conformal radiation therapy , delivers high radiation dose to tumours but safeguards healthy tissue.
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), is a revolutionary new modality in which radiation beams are shaped by 160 collimator leaves (Fingers) that wrap the radiation dose around the tumour, thus sparing healthy tissue.
- Image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT), involves using a variety of digital imaging techniques to pinpoint the exact location of a targeted tumour while the patient is in the treatment position and just prior to delivering the treatment.
- Volumetric Arc Therapy (VMAT): Technology which gives dose distribution similar to IMRT but delivers treatment in shorter duration.
- Stereo-tactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) for Lung tumours, Total Body irradiation, for the treatment of patients with leukaemia and lymphoma in preparation for bone marrow and stem cell transplantation.
- Cone-beam Computed Tomography Systems (CBCT) are a variation of traditional computed tomography (CT) systems. The CBCT systems used to rotate around the patient, capturing data using a cone-shaped X-ray beam.
State of the art operation theater with ICU Backup along with skillful & well experienced surgeons & other staff.
Major Cancer surgeries performed at the Center are as follows:-
- Head and Neck Cancer : Mandible conserving surgery, larynx, conserving surgery nerve sparing parotid surgery, commando surgery, plastic reconstruction using free flaps, etc
- Breast Cancer : Breast conserving surgery, Modified radical mastectomy
- Lung Cancer : Sleeve resection, pneoumonectomy
- GI Cancer : Total esophagectomy, Radical gastrectomy, Whipples surgery, sphincter preserving surgeries for rectal carcinoma
- Gynaec Cancer : Fertility preserving surgeries dor cervical cancer, Radical surgeries for ovarian cancer.
- Bladder Cancer surgeries: Radical Cystectomy
- Bone cancer surgeries .
- Sarcomas: Limb preserving surgeries.
- Solid Tumours: Head & Neck cancers, Lung cancer, Breast cancer, GI cancers, GU cancers, Gynaec cancers, Bone cancers, Sarcomas including paediatric tumours like Rhabdomyosarcoma, Ewing, PNET’s, etc
- Haematological malignancies: Lymphoma and Leukaemia’s (Adult/Paediatric), Multiple Myelomam Myeloproliferative disorders.
- Targeted Therapy/ Treatment.
- Pain Clinic
- Palliative Care
- Day Care Center.
- Ambulance Service